Skip to main content

Chat GPT? In a word: Meh...

Don't believe the hype.  AI is great technology - and maybe even a little frightening in some applications, let's be honest.  

What I don't question about AI, and using Chat GPT as the dialed-in example, is that it will never be able to fully and completely take over from humans where the written word is concerned.

Yep, it can parse together bullets and context from a million sites on the Internet in a matter of minutes.  It can even put together a coherent paper or essay, maybe even a blog.  But there is a point at which the humanity of writing, of understanding nuance of a topic, of being able to craft a position such that the audience fully understands your expertise and confluence of ideas that AI cannot replicate.

This is a great article I found that says exactly that.  Give it a read and see if you agree with me.

https://medium.com/change-your-mind/why-chat-gpt-will-never-replace-human-writing-9872a63f90f7 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Tired

 I’m tired. I’m at a point in my life where I find myself unable to understand so many of my fellow earthlings. I am not the smartest, or most creative, or learned, or charismatic, or empathetic person on the planet. But I’m fairly good at not being an asshole. There’s too much of that going around – and has been – for me to try and stomach or explain away. And to be honest with you, that hurts. Yesterday, someone in whom I find an unfettered goodness, and someone whom I love very much not only for the kind of person he is, but the kind of intent and goodwill and sincere humanity he leaves in his wake, posted something on Facebook relative to crime and what might be considered an impending invasion of the National Guard into Chicago. What could be the causes of the crime, what might we be able to do to stem the tide of chilling murders of the innocent (and criminal, alike), at whose feet does the blame rest, etc.? Heavy and important and critical questions, all. None, however, ...

Superfluous

I sit here shaking my head. It's been a while since I've sat down to type out my thoughts. It seems somewhat foreign, if I'm honest. Ha. I had a terrible manager once - at a company call TEK Systems - who would treat you like a dick if you said, 'if I'm being honest'. He thought it was disingenuous that for any reason someone wouldn't be honest. I always thought, "it's a turn of phrase, you complete asshole." So glad I left that company. Anywho...sitting down again after a respite feels odd. I've been back a time or two, and it seems like each time I tickle this keyboard, I'm giving you some version of why it's been a while, or I'm questioning why I even put fingers to keys and give you entre into my brain. Maybe I'm a glutton. Maybe I'm just searching for something other than the tediousness of life. Maybe I just pontificate to hear whatever I want to say run through my double hemisphere on the way to the pa...